The Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic has us all nervous; there’s no doubt about it. With the sickness being particularly dangerous for those in questionable health or of elevated age, people everywhere want to slow the spread as much as possible, flattening the curve until it fizzles out for good. That means taking a number of additional precautionary measures to ensure safety, sanitation, and limiting the spread to the best of our ability. However, when we visit so many different homes each and every day, that becomes a challenge that we need to take additional precautionary measures to overcome.
Here at Steve’s Plumbing, these precautionary measures are great not only for us, as they keep our team of skilled and knowledgeable technicians protected and healthy so they can continue to serve you, but they also help protect you and your family as well. This means you can enjoy total and complete peace of mind, knowing that your home will both get the service it needs in a prompt and high-quality fashion, and that you’ll remain safe, secure, and healthy throughout this quarantine period.
Here are just a few of the additional steps we’re taking in order to keep you and your loved ones protected during this time:
- All employees are required to monitor their health and stay home if they are not feeling well. Any employees who exhibit signs of potential COVID-19 symptoms are being asked to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days before returning to work.
- We have stocked all of our service trucks with latex gloves and hand sanitizer. Employees are required to use both at every job site to ensure their hands and equipment remain clean and virus free. They are also required to sanitize their work area before they begin and after the work is completed.
- Technicians who visit your home are required to wear respirator masks in order to protect your home and prevent the potential airborne spread of the disease. Should it make you more comfortable, you may also request that they wear a Tyvek Coverall suit that covers their entire head for greater peace of mind.
- Field technicians are required to clean and sanitize their tablets and other electronic devices that receive a lot of hand traffic after each job and before bringing them into your home.
- Employees are also being asked to thoroughly clean their tools and equipment each day in order to ensure they remain safe to use in any home. We are also regularly cleaning our larger tools and machines for maximum sanitation
Of course, we will also continue to wear shoe covers and keep our work area clean when servicing your home. Our goal is to leave your home in better condition than it was when we arrived.
We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and our protocols we have put in place remain flexible and subject to change based on information available and guidelines provided by the CDC and governmental authorities. Our mission is to do everything in our power to not only continue to serve our community with the same great plumbing services you’ve come to know and trust, but also to help our community remain healthy by stopping the spread of the Novel Coronavirus as much as possible.
While we are doing everything in our power to continue to protect our community, we ask that our community do us a few small favors in return. When you call to schedule an appointment, we ask that you please notify our staff in advance if anyone in your home is feeling ill or has traveled outside of the country within the last 30 days. This will allow us to coordinate with you while continuing to keep our team protected. If anyone in your home does fall ill, our team would be happy to work with you to reschedule for when it is safe for us to complete our visit.
We thank you for your continued trust during this difficult and uncertain period. If you need your plumbing serviced, our team at Steve’s Plumbing, LLC is here to help. Dial (425) 979-7376 now to schedule an appointment.